Estimator Job Responsibilities:
Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Estimator Skills and Qualifications:
· Able to interpret blueprints, specifications, inspection reports, etc.
· Able to analyze information
· Reporting research results
· Data Center Experience
· Strategic planning
· Attention to detail
· Requirements analysis
· Experience working with MS Word, MS Excel, estimating and scheduling software such as Primivera P6 and Microsoft Project
· Able to meet sensitive timelines
· Intermediate negotiating skills
· Ability to think critically to solve problems
· Good oral and written communication skills in the English Language
· Good time management and organizational skills
· Ability to work well in a team environment
· AutoCAD experience is a plus
· Experience with Federal contracts such as MATOC, SATOC, MACC and JOC is a plus
· Possess valid Drivers License, good driving history
· Must be able to pass a strict background check
Pre-employment drug screening will be required.
MACNAK Construction offers opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, excellent benefits and a focus on employees’ work quality of life.
MACNAK Construction provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MACNAK Construction complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.