Site Safety and Health Officer
The Site Safety and Health Officer is responsible for the overall safety at each jobsite. Leading by example the Site Safety and Health Officer will ensure that all individuals onsite are performing work in accordance with company, contract, state and federal safety requirements. The Site Safety and Health Officer will verify that all employees have completed the necessary and required training to safely perform his or her job. As part of the MACNAK Construction team the Site Safety and Health Officer will assist other project leaders so that work is completed in a manner as to produce a quality outcome resulting in no rework, ensuring that all work is performed safely, on time, within budget and meets or exceeds the owner’s expectations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Provides safety training to all field and officer personnel
· Develops job safety analysis and special training for employees doing hazardous work
· Plans and presents safety workshops and training
· Ensures compliance with Occupation Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Washington Industrial Safety and Health Act (WISHA) standards
· Conducts regular safety inspections and meetings/toolbox talks
· Documents and investigates any accidents, safety violations or unsafe working conditions
· Reports violations to Safety Director and counsels onsite works for immediate resolution
· Reviews and monitors subcontractor safety programs
· Coordinate third party safety reviews and required
- BS degree in Occupational Safety or CHST (Construction Health and Safety Technician) certification OR an equivalent combination of training and related experience required.
- Verifiable 5 plus years’ experience minimum
- OSHA 30 Certification
- Lead Awareness Certification
- Competent Person Status
- 120 hours of documented formal safety training in the last 4 years – documentation is required
- First Aid/CPR/AED Certified
- Familiarity with requirements of USACE EM 385-1-1
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, State, and Local safety regulations and industry requirements
- Knowledge and expertise in electrical protection, fall protection, fire protection, hazardous communications, personal protective equipment, respiratory protection, and scaffolding
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with project team, customers, subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and conflict resolution skills
- Basic computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs such as Word and Excel
- Good Oral and written communication in the English Language
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess a valid Drivers License, good driving history
- Must be able to pass a strict background check
Pre-employment drug screening will be required.
MACNAK Construction offers opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, excellent benefits and a focus on employees’ work quality of life.
MACNAK Construction provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MACNAK Construction complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com