(NO OPENINGS/accepting applications)
The Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day supervision, coordination, safety and quality control of subcontractors and craft personnel at project sites. The Superintendent will run field operations from the onset of the project to the close out of the project; working in a manner as to produce a quality outcome resulting in no rework, ensuring that all work is performed safely, on time, within budget and meets or exceeds the owner’s expectations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Supervise and coordinate subcontractors and job site operations; ensure compliance with contract requirements
· Provide daily safety awareness and inspections to ensure the safety and well-being of all personnel at the job sites
· Provide job site quality control checks to ensure the construction and materials are in accordance with project scope of work and Owner standards
· Arrange and ensure that timely inspections are made
· Ensure that Change Order work is authorized prior to proceeding
· Help to establish and maintain project schedules including start, progress, and completion schedules
· Schedule all project activities in compliance with project schedule timelines
· Be aware of project milestone dates and the requirements to achieve them
· Apply knowledge of equipment capability and develop plans for optimum utilization
· Know the scheduled delivery dates for all material and equipment that have a direct effect on the area(s)/trade(s) assigned
· Determine causes and develop remedies when costs are not in line with budget, estimate, and/or reasonable expectations
· Punch list management and project closeout requirements
5+ years’ construction experience managing commercial general construction projects
Federal Experience is a plus
Advanced understanding of construction scheduling and sequencing, and cost control
Familiarity with a wide range of equipment and tools and proficiency in skilled construction, and repair tasks
Ability to interact and communicate effectively with project team, customers, subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and employees at all levels of the organization
Knowledge in QCS/RMS a plus
Basic computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office Programs such as Word and Excel
Good Oral and written communication in the English Language
Good time management and organizational skills
Ability to work in a team environment
Possess a valid Drivers License, good driving history, A CDL (Class A) is a plus.
Must be able to pass a strict background check
Pre-employment drug screening will be required.
MACNAK Construction offers opportunities for advancement, competitive pay, excellent benefits and a focus on employees’ work quality of life.
MACNAK Construction provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MACNAK Construction complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com